Saturday, June 9, 2012

Working out again!

Last week I read my friends blog she has started her weight loss journey.  It got me motivated to do the same and to write about it. I hope this will keep me motivated and inspire others to do the same! I am going to take before and after pictures like she did! I just don't have anyone here right now to do them.  In high school I weighed about 135 and I thought I was fat compared to others girls in my class. Now I know I wasn't and I wish I weighed that now! I graduated high school went to college my first year I gained 10lbs so I came home for the summer and worked out with my mom and lost the 10lbs! But then my mom passed away that summer! Life changed I moved to Oskaloosa and moved in with Derek.  I am not blaming Derek but when you are in relationship you get comfortable and well I got to comfortable. I was also depressed and didn't work out like I did in high school so I gained about 65 lbs so I was at 200 lbs 2010 then I lost 20lbs that summer.  Then in 2011 I got pregnant weight 182 and at the end of pregnancy weighed 200 again. I only gained 18lbs so I did good there. I also have lost my baby weight. I currently weigh 178.4lbs. My goal is 135lbs I know its going to take me while.  My first small goal is 10lbs.  My working out plan for now is going to be walk everyday 2 times a day when not working that day.  My walking routine is about 3 miles. So, if I do it twice day that's 6 miles.  I have couple workout DVDs I want to try them every now and then and lift my 5lb weights. When I work I will only walk once day because I work 2nd shift. Nice thing about my work is I am on my feet almost the whole time except about 1.5 hours out of the 8.5 hours I work. I also have been walking inside doing laps because its basically one huge circle between my med passes.  I'm also trying to eat more healthy.  I need recipes from any of you that are eating healthy. I really want to do this not just to be skinny but to be able to be more active with my son so when he's 1 I can keep up with him or at least try too! I also want to live to see my son and possibly other children grow up.  My mom passed away when I was 20 I miss her everyday! I know shes with me in different way.  But if I can benefit from this and keep me here longer to see my son graduate college, get married, and start family that would be wonderful! Please help motivate me and keep me on the right track! If you have any suggestions or advice I am open to them! Okay lets get off the sofa and go for walk or run! You can do this too! Thank you Carie Austin for getting me to do this too! Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. You can do this Jaymee! :) I posted my before photos in clothes that I use to fit. I wore them when I was in college. When I put them on to take my photos, I tought, "OH. MY. GOD." But that was the reason I started this weightloss journey!
    I want to wear clothes and not be afraid of other people seeing me in them. I want to NOT be afraid to go clothes shopping... because I always end up crying in the dressing room. I am your personal cheerleader! I know we don't live close, but I will do what I can to support you from here!
    One of the sites I turn to for recipes that are delicious and "skinny" is http://www.skinnytaste.com/ It has TONS of recipes and ideas!
    YOU CAN DO THIS!

    ReplyDelete